Search This Blog

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Adventures in Almost-Poetry

So.
As per usual, I have pawned off the beginnings of one of my piddly pieces of poetry onto someone far more talented than myself for completing and correcting. But, as....not...per usual, I really wanted to share with you all (yes...all 6 of you) the first line of said po-em, since it kinda of sums up my mood over the past week or so.

And it goes...

when all of the metaphors have been reduced to the names of lovers who no longer want you
what will you have then
save a notebook full of reasons to stop your scribbling?

I started it....awhile ago...when things were better, but I found it again while flipping through my notebook recently and I was like...."oh. these are the words to express how i'm feeling. perf."

That whole....anywhere-but-here thing is settling in hard, and I really want to leave the Dash...immediately.

Peace Be

No comments:

Post a Comment