Search This Blog

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Adventures in Resolutions

The New Year is a tricky thing.

I remember growing up believing everything that the ministers would say during our New Year's Eve service - that no matter how difficult the previous year had been, that at midnight on January 1st - every stressor, every flaw, every thing that had been wrong just moments early would somehow make itself right.

I remember making resolutions. This year I will eat healthy. This year I will be more kind. This year I will decide what the best version of myself looks like, and I will do everything in my power to be that person before December 31st rolls around again.

I've had a nearly 0% success rate when it comes to keeping my New Year's Resolutions, with a small margin allotted for those who consider such a stellar record to be in keeping with my resolution several  years back to be more consistent.

This year - no resolutions.
I've already had some pretty amazing days.
I've already made some pretty significant mistakes.
And I'm looking forward to more of the same going forward.
I think it's going to be a pretty great year.

 Peace Be

No comments:

Post a Comment