Search This Blog

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Adventures in (National) Poetry

So.

Just got back in from NPS in St. Paul, Minnesota, where we were summarily abused by louderARTS, the Green Mill, and Dallas on the first night of prelims, thereby obliterating all hope of ranking at all in the competition. Tragic. That said, I hit several emotional lows that had nothing to do with the competition, but overall...I had a good time. I mean hey, I got to meet and get feedback from some awesome writers, play a djembe in artists' quarter, and watch two of my favorite teams do...extraordinaly well. (Big ups to team SNO for pulling the 1 at the group piece finals, and to Bull City for pulling the 3 overall). Next year's competition is in Boston, and although I spent much of Wednesday swearing of the whole PSi "community"....I'm already kinda geeked for the opportunity to reconnect with some of the poets that I met this year. ABOVE ALL ELSE...looking forward to Southern Fried next year in Atlanta.

Currently working on a po-em that is a reflection of the week's experience. Should be up tomorrow.

Peace Be

No comments:

Post a Comment