Search This Blog

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Adventures in Christmas Cheer

So.

Christmas 2010 has been...great, I think. Start the day off with the usual: church, fancy breakfast, and presents. [Sidenote: "fancy" here is used to mean pancakes. endnote] Gave the munchkin his preliminary presents: guitar stand for his bass, new strap for his bass, new accessories for the keyboard, couple ties, suspenders, new cd...and a couple other random trinkets to tide him over till the "real" gifts are opened when the rents get back home. The rents get back home. We open the rest of the munchkins gifts. We (the munchkin and I) spend....a ridulous amount of time on the Wii; then we (the whole fam) head to the Munchkin's Godparents' house for dinner. Had a blast over there. Mom remembered that Guesstures stresses me out, so when Godpop brought out the box, she somehow recruited enough additional players so that I could preform the duties of the head judge. [Side note: all games are serious...and require the decision making skills of a head judge. This person may also serve in the capacity of official time and score keepers. end note] Dinner was good. Godmom taught me (finally) how to make her bangin' Banana pudding, and now..I'm taking a break to blog before jumping back on the Wii.

Some...things to think about...

Haven't seen my Godbrother in something like 10 years....and he turned out to be beautiful. Like...legit gorgeous. Mm. I don't know what the standard policy is on hooking up with your baby brother's Godbrother....but I got his number anway. Gonna go hang out with him in Atlanta some time next week.

Also...my parents seem...different. To begin, my Mom is like....I speculated around Thanksgiving that she had been gaining weight, but I didn't think too much about it. But like...she ate breakfast, ate again at dinner, brought home some cake. She was mad...active at Godmom's house - it was good. And my Pop....I don't know...he usually finds a way to not be in the same room with me when I'm home...but he was very...just..present all day today. It was just a legit good day - all day....and now that I'm thinking about it - I'm starting to get paranoid that it's a calm before the storm kinda thing...so I'm going to get offline and go play some tennis or something.

Peace Be

1 comment:

  1. I prayed you'd have blessed day with your family. :) (yes, I'm real.)

    ReplyDelete