Search This Blog

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Adventures in Parenting

So.

It is no secret that I have a world of issues surrounding my parents, specifically my Pops, that I should probably work through at some point if I'm going to live a happy and healthy life (bla bla bla). These alleged issues tend to affect relations with the folks on a relatively consistent basis, especially when I find myself in the immediate vicinity of the rents.....but yesterday, and today....the two of them have been acting...quite odd.

For example, today the entire family rode to church together....which we haven't done since 1998 when E2 got his driver's license. [Side note: E2 is my big brother. This should be common knowledge....but it might not be.  Also....completely unrelated - church was really good today. It was the first time I've been able to sit still through a service since Thanksgiving. So. Yeah. end note] Post-church....when mom asked what I had taken out for dinner today, Pop's response was: "Let's give her a break today; she's been cooking since she got home." Then he proceeded to ask me where I wanted to eat. A couple things happened at the resteraunt that normally would have caused him to flip out, either there, or in the car, or back at home...instead - he jumped on the Wii with the Munchkin...and is now asleep.

I'm...really starting to wonder what went down on their vacay that's making them (him) act so....human. Also...working on that whole paranoia thing too. Mm.

Peace Be

No comments:

Post a Comment