Search This Blog

Monday, December 20, 2010

Adventures in Gaming

So.

A friend of mine has noted that I have not blogged in quite some time, and in order to remedy this situation, she has a devised a bit of a "game". I use the word "game" here to indicate pseudo-torture device, intended to bring about sharing.

Here are the rules:
1. She calls out a word.
2. I respond.

Got it? Let's begin:

Winter
My first year of teaching I had a student named Winter in my inclusion class. Sometimes I think about her...wonder where she is, and if she's actually learning anything useful in high school. This business about all children being made to learn the same set of information is going to lead to the mass institutionalization of disabled peoples later in on life...when we realize that they haven't learned the skills necessary to take care of themselves, because we were deluding ourselves into thinking that everyone should learn Algebra.

Trust
...and already I see where this game is going....mm. So. It is the general consensus that I have trust..."issues"....and I wholeheartedly disagree. People with trust issues don't trust people. I, however, am very trusting. I trust...everyone to a certain extent....even it's to the extent that they're eventually going to break my heart.

Vespas
I'm not really certain what a vespa...is...I think it's one of those lame scooters that hipsters think are actually...cool scooters. Mm. Fig tree.

Mombo
So. I spent the earlier part of the day with the afore mentioned friend and her mother, whom she affectionately calls "Mombo". Secretly - when she says this I think of mambo sauce and hear go-go music in my head...and then I imagine these two...very white people in HU's student center, and I laugh on the inside. Mombo is good people. Genuinely good people...and it was hard to sit in the car (mall, house, where-ev) and not burst into random tears. The two of them together make me miss something I don't think I ever had - maybe never going to get. Trag.

Bon-bons
I...want to spend a summer in southern France...hobo-ing around a bit.

Kit-Kat
BUY ME ONE FOR CHRISTMAS!


Dogs
I'm secretly convinced that dogs are the devil. I don't think that they mean to be...but they can't help themselves. People always expect that people that are afraid of dogs were attacked in some way as children...but I don't think that there's validity to that. Granted, I was attacked by a dog as a child....but I remember being afraid of dogs long before that. In fact, I think it was my fear of the thing that made me stand there like an idiot while the dog ran at me...perhaps if I hadn't been immobilized, I would have at least made an attempt to run away.

Couches
I miss Kisha's couch. Mm.

Grace
So. I think....that I'm supposed to use this word as a jumping off point to...at least think about how God ministers grace in my life, but I don't really have a defined concept of what grace looks like. Like. I know it has something to do with the fact that I'm still alive, and relatively healthy, relatively sane...more to do with the fact that forgiveness as a general concept is available to people...but beyond that, I got nothing. Sometimes I really remind myself of the church at Corinth. Mm.

--
Ok. That's enough of that....I hope you weren't too bored with the activity....as I will probably be doing it again, the next time I'm told that I'm taking too long between blogs.

Peace Be

1 comment:

  1. Why do you insist on acting like I torture you? As if I could make you do something you didn't want to do... you enjoyed the game. :)

    ReplyDelete