Search This Blog

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Adventures in NaPoWriMo

So.
We're nine days in, and I thought I'd pause for a minute and reflect on the goings on of the month, poetic and otherwise.

To begin, I must - in the spirit of honesty - tell you that my 1/30 piece was actually started somewhere around the 30th of March. Other unfair additions to the NaPoWriMo challenge include 4/30, which is a really bad spin off a a po-em I heard Ken Arkind do at NPS 2010; 6/30 begins with a line from an old po-em i'd started and given up on; and 7/30, which came for a convo I had with a poet-friend G awhile ago....and I think I'm the one who said something about the whole failure being beautiful thing...but it could have been him. We'll chat, and if it was him, I'll come up with a replacement haiku for the day. Kay?

In other news:
  • had a friend that tried to kill herself, at home, while her kids were there...immediately after being kicked around a bit by her husband
  • sick again, but secretly i don't think i got up to 100% after i was sick in februrary, and
  • in general over myself in a lot of ways.

So far...my fave po-em of the month is the piece that Taylor Mali put out yesterday, which you can check out here. My own personal goal, to add the list I gave you at the end of March, is to write a po-em that Casper does not deem as sad. I'll let you guys know when she thinks I have achieved this.

Peace Be

No comments:

Post a Comment