Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Adventures in NPS 2011 (Part 3)

So.

The first bout was going great. Great like E and Kross won their round. Great like, I tied with the other high scoring poet in my round. Great like E won her indie round. Great like we were up by a full point.....and then the last homie got a time penalty. And we took the 2. I know that the points are not the point....but I was mad I could hardly see straight. At time penalty?! That's a mistake for rookies at regionals...ESPECIALLY...when your piece is 20 seconds longer than it needs to be because you feel the need to sing AND do a dedication in the beginning. Come on sir. This is not your home venue. Poetry is "for the people" during the day events this week; when you get on stage at night, I need you to coms e to win.

That's right.

Angry post.

Peace Be

No comments:

Post a Comment