Search This Blog

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Adventures in NPS 2011 (Part 4)

So.

Few things hurt worse than the pain of having something be in reach...to utterly impossible in a matter of minutes. Piedmont finishes Nats tonight with a ranking somewhere in the 30s I think; wasn't able to calculate it precisely because of the bouts haven't been officially posted it yet. Definitely sucks that it was my score that took us out of the running. Definitely sucks that I got the lowest score of the entire bout that night.

But it was also a humbling experience...which was needed because I have been behaving as though I'm the big fish on the team. Praise God that the humbling experience didn't involve me going completley blank on stage or any other horror story that I'll have to replay in my mind later on. This is just me - making sure that I remember the points is the po-e-try, not the po-et, and that I should stop throwing my weight around like everything I slam is golden [side note: just re-read yesterday's post....sad face to me....wow]. AND a couple other lessons I think, but I can hear the sappy end-credit music swelling in the background, and so I have to step off of this particular soapbox.

What else? Maybe tomorrow I'll get to actually see some of the city. I'm down for being a tourist until I go cheer like a crazy person at the semi finals.

Peace Be

No comments:

Post a Comment