Search This Blog

Monday, March 19, 2012

Adventures in Decision Making

So.

I want to tell the world about some of the new things that may (or may not) be coming down the pipe for me in the near future, but it would be unwise to do so.
But.

I will say that I have made a decision to walk away from something that has been a pretty huge part of my life the last few years, and just the act of making that decision has lifted a huge weight from my shoulders. I'll let you know more when I can.

In other news:
I haven't posted a po-em in for-e-ver (you've seen The Sandlot right?) and so here's something I wrote awhile back. I wish I could explain the space I was in when I wrote it...but I'm not even sure that I remember. Wherever that was - I'm glad not to be there anymore.

Peace Be
---

sometimes
being a poet means searching the sky for the right shade of blue
to call your eyes when the open each morning
other days it means saying goodbye
today
my pen taught me the difference between not saying yes
and saying no
is as boundless as the space between attempted
and suicide
here is the truth
poetry is the only worthwhile distraction
from the violence trying to weave a kind of music in my throat
what sounds like a lullaby
is a symphony of sadness
i would sing it to you
if only i could make out the words

No comments:

Post a Comment