Search This Blog

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Adventures in Being Colored

So.

I did it.

I gathered a small support group and went to see For Colored Girls. And...I will say that I was...pleasantly surprised.

Beyond that, all I've got is go see it for yourself. The overall experience of it is determined by whether you've just read the original play, seen a good production of it, been in a good production of it, heard about it from one of your artsy friends in college...or just been dragged along as a member of someone's support group...too many variables to give a fair review.

In completely unrelated news - I have developed a theory. I think I was an over-sharer in my past life. I think I talked so much about myself that one day, someone tired of it and beat me mercilessly until I died. And the memory of this, is what keeps me from talking to people now, even though I know its unhealthy. Don't judge my theory. It's awesome.

Peace Be
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.4

No comments:

Post a Comment